During this period of remote instruction in response to COVID-19, academic advising remains available via email, phone, and Zoom. Reach out to us for continued support!
Majors in the College of Liberal & Creative Arts (LCA) should consult with two advisers each semester: (1) an adviser in the major and (2) a general education and university requirements adviser in the ARC (Advising Resource Center for LCA). Students who are completing a minor or an additional major should see an adviser in those programs as well.
For Advising in the Major
- Undergraduate Major Advising Forms: For students enrolling in Fall 2021 and after, please review the advising worksheet for the B.A. in Creative Writing Major Requirements Worksheet. For those enrolled before Fall 2021, please review the B.A. in English; Creative Writing Major Requirements Worksheet
- Undergraduate Major Advisors: Faculty Advisors
For Advising in the Minor
- Creative Writing does not offer a Minor
For General Education and University Requirements
- First-year Students are advised by the Undergraduate Advising Center
- Sophomores, Juniors, and Seniors are advised by the Advising Resource Center (ARC)
- Online Request of Major or Minor: use pull down other academics menu in your Student Center
- New! Degree Planner (Click for more details)
- Advising Hub: https://advisinghub.sfsu.edu/
- Tutoring Center: https://ueap.sfsu.edu/tutoring
- Career Center: https://csld.sfsu.edu/
- Counseling and Psychological Services: https://psyservs.sfsu.edu/
- Disability Programs and Resource Center: https://access.sfsu.edu/
- Graduate Coordinator; Associate Professor May Lee-Chai
- Graduate Advising Forms: MA in English; Creative Writing Advising Worksheet, MFA in Creative Writing Advising Worksheet, MA in Creative Writing Advising Worksheet.
- Graduate Advisors: Faculty Advisors
Graduate Advising Center
The Division of Graduate Studies offers counseling and advising regarding issues ranging from applications to graduation.