During this period of remote instruction in response to COVID-19, academic advising remains available via email, phone, and Zoom. Reach out to us for continued support!
Majors in the College of Liberal & Creative Arts (LCA) should consult with two advisers each semester: (1) an adviser in the major and (2) a general education and university requirements adviser in the ARC (Advising Resource Center for LCA). Students who are completing a minor or an additional major should see an adviser in those programs as well.
For Advising in the Major
- Undergraduate Major Advising Forms: BA Major Requirements Worksheet
- Undergraduate Major Advisors: Faculty Advisors
For Advising in the Minor
- Creative Writing does not offer a Minor
For General Education and University Requirements
- First-year Students are advised by the Undergraduate Advising Center
- Sophomores, Juniors, and Seniors are advised by the Advising Resource Center (ARC)
- Online Request of Major or Minor: use pull down other academics menu in your Student Center
- New! Degree Planner (Click for more details)
- Advising Hub: https://advisinghub.sfsu.edu/
- Tutoring Center: https://ueap.sfsu.edu/tutoring
- Career Center: https://csld.sfsu.edu/
- Counseling and Psychological Services: https://psyservs.sfsu.edu/
- Disability Programs and Resource Center: https://access.sfsu.edu/
- Graduate Coordinator; Associate Professor May Lee-Chai
- Graduate Advising Forms: MA in English; Creative Writing Advising Worksheet, MFA in Creative Writing Advising Worksheet, MA in Creative Writing Advising Worksheet.
- Graduate Advisors: Faculty Advisors
Graduate Advising Center
The Division of Graduate Studies offers counseling and advising regarding issues ranging from applications to graduation.